Peeling skin is caused due to the damage and replacement of the upper layer of skin. It could be due to excessive dryness, immune system disorder or simply hereditary. While the condition is generally temporary and goes off when the new layer of skin develops, some people may find it difficult to tackle the problem. Whatever the cause is, you can learn the tricks to stop your skin peeling problem naturally in the following ways.
For those who have dry skin, moisturizing is the best solution for preventing flaky skin. Excessive dryness may cause skin damage and aggravate the condition of peeling skin. Use of following natural ingredients to stop skin peeling is considered most effective.
* Honey - Apply honey on your skin and massage gently for 5 minutes. Let it stand for another 10 minutes and wash off with cold water. This will moisturize your skin and reduce peelings. Its medicinal properties help in preventing skin damage.
* Banana - Banana acts as a good moisturizer and instantly provides soft and smooth skin. Mash a ripe banana and mix it with curd. Apply this mask on your skin for 10-15 minutes and rinse with water.
* Oils - Oils extracted naturally from fruits and seeds help in deep moisturizing and removing peeling skin. It not only reconstructs the damaged cells but also heals the skin. Massaging your skin with coconut oil is one of the best ways to get rid of peeling skin. Almond oil reduces inflammation and provides instant relief. Olive oil also works wonder for skin when mixed with rose water, egg yolk, lemon juice and applied as a mask on skin. Other oils that reduce skin peeling are grape seed oil, castor oil and sesame oil.
* Vinegar - Vinegar is known to be extremely beneficial for skin, especially in curing peeling skin. It helps in balancing the pH of your skin providing a cooling effect. Apply it with the help of a cotton swab on affected area and leave it overnight for best results.
* Aloe Vera - With many medicinal properties, aloe vera is considered one of the best ingredients for skin healing. Most of the herbal cosmetic products have aloe vera as a chief ingredient due to this factor. Apply aloe vera gel on the affected area on a regular basis to keep skin moisturized and damage free.
When it comes to curing peeling skin, mild exfoliation may help in removing the dead skin cells. Though it is better to avoid excessive scrubbing, it is best to use natural ingredients to exfoliate the damaged skin layer gently.
* Lemon - Apply lemon juice mixed with sugar granules on the skin and scrub gently. This will reduce skin peeling along with a moisturizing action to prevent dryness.
* Papaya - Since papaya is loaded with antioxidants; it helps in exfoliating the flaky dead skin layer in a natural way. Mash the pulp of a papaya and apply it directly to the skin to get rid of skin peeling.
Apart from moisturizing and exfoliating, it is important to nourish the skin with natural ingredients to prevent damage and get a beautiful and glowing skin. Here are some ways to nourish your skin.
* Apple - Apply mashed or grated apple directly to your skin. It is rich in vitamin A, B and C that deeply nourishes the skin and provides relief from peelings.
* Cucumber - Cucumber has cooling properties and soothes the pain caused due to flaky dry skin. Apply mashed cucumber to your skin for best results.
* Curd - It not only moisturizes the skin but also prevents microbial action that causes peeling skin. Its antioxidant properties help in healing the skin in natural ways.
Well, diet plays an important role in keeping your skin in good condition. Poor nutrition and improper diet may lead to deficiencies which in turn causes many skin problems, including peeling skin.
* Proteins, carbohydrates and fats - Maintain a proper balance of complex carbohydrates and proteins in your diet for proper nutrition. Healthy fats are essential to keep your skin healthy.
* Vitamins and minerals - Your skin needs various vitamins and minerals for proper functioning. Include food rich in vitamin A, B, C and E like fruits and green vegetables. Lentils, nuts and cereals provide iron and other minerals required for a glowing and problem free skin. Eating cucumber may also reduce the symptoms.
* Limit Fiber - Fiber rich food tends to eliminate waste from the body and if consumed excessively it causes dehydration. It is important to limit its consumption to prevent peeling skin.
* Drink water - Hydration is extremely important in keeping skin moisturized and free from dryness. Drink at least two liters of water and consume fruits with high water content each day to stay hydrated.
In addition to this, it is important to stay out of sun and avoid alcohol to stop your skin peeling problem. Never use soap that dries out your skin, it is always best to use natural ingredients on your skin to keep it healthy and glowing.
Author Bio :
Nelson Homes is a blogger for hallandwrye.com He likes to blog for beauty and skin care related topics.In his free time likes to research on various cosmetic surgery procedures.